Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My first camera

Yesterday, I was looking through a box of pictures from my childhood and I came across a picture of my sister and I with my first camera. I think I was 11 or 12. Yes, I know it's not the cutest picture of me... (as my brother-in-law would say, "awwww, was that your awkward stage?"). Andy tried to talk me out of putting this picture on here (do you think he's embarrassed?) because he thought I would be embarrassing myself. Oh well.... it tells a story.

I do remember when I got this camera. I was heading off to a week-long church camp in the summer between 5th and 6th grades. My Grandma Dolly bought me this camera. I loved using it (even if I did not like church camp AT ALL!). I took a lot of pictures that summer. I think I even entered some in the county fair that year. So this is how my love of photography started....

No comments: