Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bye-Bye Binky!

It's been a busy couple months for J.T. In addition to potty training and getting a new big boy bed, we decided it was time for J.T. to give up his pacifier (a.k.a. "me-me"). This did not happen easily. Here's the last picture of J.T. with his beloved "me-me".
We tried cutting holes in them so they wouldn't suck correctly, but that didn't work. What ended up working (at least for now) is making a trade. Abigail has a Doodle Bear that she (and J.T.) both LOVE! A week or so ago, I asked J.T. if he would like to trade all of his "me-me"s for his very own Doodle Bear. The answer was NO!
I knew how badly he wanted one so yesterday I bought him a blue one. Andy, who is a MUCH better negotiator than I am, was able to make the trade. He was very excited to sleep with his own Doodle Bear (appropriately named "Doodle Joe Bear"). It did take him awhile to fall asleep, though, because he was used to having the "me-me" to help him relax. He slept all night and didn't even mention "me-me" until mid-morning today. We are making progress.....

I have absolutely no regrets about giving J.T. a pacifier. I do wish, though, that we would have gotten rid of it a little sooner.... Oh well, live and learn!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

GO MOM! I am proud of ya, cause it will be as hard on you as it is on him!

I am sure you two can tough it out!