Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My baby isn't a baby anymore...

Last night we gave J.T. a real big boy bed. He had been in his toddler bed (converted from his crib) for about six months. We decided it was time for a twin bed. At first he wasn't too sure. He wanted us to leave his toddler bed in his room also, but we decided to make the switch quick and (hopefully) painless. It bothers me more than I thought it would that my baby isn't a baby anymore.... It is very easy to get in a hurry for them to grow up, but as they do, you find yourself missing the "baby" stuff. No, this doesn't mean I want to have another baby. I am sure it's a normal feeling.

What did I learn today? I really need to enjoy every minute of their childhood because it certainly does go by fast. Not that I didn't know this already, but it is great to have a reminder every now and then!

And here's one of Abigail all cuddled up with her favorite toy, "Doodle Marie Bear." Yes she gave it a middle name..... She wants to take that bear everywhere with her. She still hasn't gotten all those front teeth in yet!

What else did I learn today? I learned that I need to take time out for myself. I spent all morning in town shopping and doing errands.... ALONE! It was a nice break from the mommying and accounting that I do everyday. It helps refresh me and made me realize that I need to do it more often. I also want to take more time for photography. I haven't done much of it lately and I want to get back to taking at least a few photos every single day. Hope you all are taking some time for yourselves this week....

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I LOVE a toothless grin!!!