Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ramblings about this weekend

It's been a good, but quiet, weekend. We needed that after this past week. I finally started to feel human on Saturday. Andy was gone from early Saturday morning through this evening. He went out to the hills to a friend's branding. The kids and I were here, and we didn't have one thing planned. That is a pretty rare occurrence on a weekend, these days. It was so nice.

On Friday night, I had a hard time going to sleep. My body has been a little off schedule from being sick, taking naps, and trying to get back on track. I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. watching several episodes of TLC's "What Not to Wear." Anyone else watch that show? I just love that show. Andy... well not so much. I took the opportunity to watch it since he was already asleep. For those of you that don't know, the show brings on one person (usually a woman) who is in desperate need of a fashion makeover (clothing, hair, makeup, etc). They make you bring in all your out-of-style clothing and throw it away. Then you get $5,000 to spend on new clothes that are age, size, and style appropriate for the person's body, job, etc. It's a great show because you can see such a transformation in the person's self-confidence once they have a new look.

Okay back to my weekend.... It really is amazing how much one can accomplish at home on a weekend. Yesterday, I got all caught up on the laundry, got all the toys cleaned up throughout the house (well that lasted for about 5 minutes), cleaned out some cupboards, got caught up in the office, watched the Nascar race, and a few other things.

Today, I took the kids to CCD (Sunday school), went grocery shopping, mowed the front lawn, did a little sewing (bet you didn't know I could do that), made a lasagna for tonight's family dinner, made the kids' lunches for tomorrow, put all the dishes away, and enjoyed the peace and quiet while the kids were at the grandparents (thank you sooo much Pam and Charlie!). I actually feel refreshed to start the week and I can't tell you how good that feels!

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, to funny! I could not sleep on Friday night either (jacked up on cold meds). I stayed up watching What Not to Wear too!!
Wouldn't you just love to have someone hand you $5000, just for you??

karen said...

Glad you're back to feeling good and with tons of energy to get all caught up on things!! Enjoy your week; hope to see you Saturday at Abigail's First Communion.

Shelley said...

yep, I watch what not to wear, too. (And so does Mike........he acts like he doesn't want to, but I don't think he minds that much, haha)