Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New business?



Are you currently in business? Do you want to start your own business? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you really need to read this book, "The E-Myth Revisted" by Michael E. Gerber. I think it's the best business book I have ever read. I think it ought to be required reading in college, especially for business majors.

Many people think that just because they are good at something or have some cool product to sell that they should just jump into their own business. There are so many things to consider.... I won't even try to list them all here. I know that I made some of the mistakes that were discussed in the book, with my photography business.

One thing that is so interesting about this book is that it discusses why McDonalds is so successful. No matter how you feel about McDonalds, you can't argue with its success. Even if you aren't a business person, this is a really interesting book. Check it out....

No comments: