Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where should I go?

I feel like I'm at a crossroads with my photography business. I thought I had my plans and goals all figured out, but now I am not so sure.

I love the boudoir idea and how it makes women feel. However, it just doesn't seem to be popular here. I am not sure what stops ladies from wanting to do it, but it just isn't catching on. I thought it would be an awesome niche market for me, to make me just a little different than the other photographers in the area.

I love shooting seniors also but that seems to be a limited market too. I am hoping that picks up when spring rolls around, but it just seems like hardly anyone does senior portraits anymore. I think the availability of "nice" cameras now at an affordable price makes a difference now too. It sounds like seniors are photographing each other rather than using a professional.

I've always loved shooting kids, but it seems like "everyone's doing it." :) I will always love this type of photography though.

In about 3 weeks, I am headed to Las Vegas for the WPPI convention. WPPI is Wedding and Portrait Photographers International. I am very excited about learning as much as I possibly can.

In the 5 days that I will be there, there are tons of classes to choose from and this is why I want to have a better idea where I want to take my business. Obviously I want to take classes that help me learn and move forward with my goals. I need to spend a little more time defining my goals before I go....

1 comment:

Amy Parker said...

I hate to choose because you are great at all of the above, but if I had to pick it would definintly be engadegment/wedding pictures. You have a special eye for getting the best pictures of couples in love. Just my thoughts.