Thursday, January 7, 2010

I used to be....

a dedicated scrapbooker! It was definitely my creative outlet. My friend Sara and I would go to these scrapbook nights at the store in McKinleyville. We would stay up until midnight or later creating books for our kids.

Obviously my creative outlet is now photography and I would much rather create a page in Photoshop. So, that's what I plan to do. I have scrapbooks for Abigail through her 7th birthday. Just to be fair, I plan to get J.T. to that point too. Then I will decide if I want to continue. For now, I will create all my pages in Photoshop with my photos and digital scrapbooking files. I have digital paper and embellishments so I can create some pretty cool stuff. Then I plan to print them on 12x12 photo paper and put them in the books.

I will let you know how it goes...

Anyone else a "used-to-be" scrapbooker?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I started when Dylan was little. I liked doing it on my own because I don't like being told how I should do something. I have my own ideas- so I don't like going to classes. I stopped doing it when Olivia came along because there were other things I enjoyed doing more, like playing with my kids. I don't want to scrapbook memories I can't even remember.
~Jamie