Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MIA

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days... it was a very busy, but fun, weekend. And then yesterday I was sick all day so I didn't spend any time on my computer. I don't really want to talk about being sick, so I will just tell you about my weekend.

On Friday night, Andy and I went to dinner with Clint and Christina to celebrate Andy and Christina's birthdays. We went to the Ivanhoe in Ferndale and it was so good! The kids spent the night at Grandma Pam and Grandpa Charlie's.

On Saturday morning, it was nice to be home and not have to rush. In the afternoon we had Isaac's 8th birthday party at his house. The kids had a great time on the treasure hunt that Christina put together. We stayed at their house for a BBQ dinner and lots of great food!



Sunday was a busy day too. The kids went to CCD (Sunday School) while I went and set up my photography equipment at an event I was helping with. Some girls from our area (aka the Humboldt Pinks) put together a Girls Tea Party as a fundraiser for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk that they are participating in later this year in Los Angeles. I had a little backdrop set up and anyone who wanted to have their photo taken was able to. I donated 50% of the proceeds to the Humboldt Pinks' fund for their Walk. The event had a great turnout and all the little girls were so adorable dressed up in their "Sunday Best."



I think this is an amazing cause because it seems like you hear all the time about a woman that has breast cancer. Awesome job Lucretia, Jen, and Kim!

1 comment:

karen said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Sounds like lots of fun things going on! Hope you stay well after your bout of illness Monday.