Saturday, February 5, 2011

Above average

I recently read on a photography blog that the average bride and groom spend only 10% of their wedding budget on wedding photography. Of course, everyone has their own priorities when it comes to wedding spending but I am going to share my opinion as a photographer.

It is so difficult when planning a wedding to figure out how to stretch the budget to cover everything, but I believe photography should be near the top of the list. It is what the couple will have when everything is over to help them remember their wonderful day. I think every bridal couple should give serious consideration to making photography a bigger item in terms of their budget. This being said, an expensive photographer doesn't guarantee beautiful images. It is something that needs to be researched... one of the best way to do this is by asking friends or family members who have recently been married. In addition to seeing their images, you can ask questions about the photographer's personality, interaction with bridal party, and overall opinion of how the photographer contributed to the day.

I don't photograph too many weddings, usually only a few each year, so I am not writing any of this information to get you to hire me as your wedding photographer. No matter which photographer a bride and groom decide to hire, please make sure you are getting what you are looking for, even if it costs a few extra dollars. You will not be sorry....

No comments: