Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Motivation

I really struggle with motivating myself to exercise. I am sure everyone does. I know I want to be in good shape and take good care of my body, but it's so easy to put it off to get other things done. I always have good intentions when I start my day, to fit some exercise in, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

I have been wracking (sp?) my brain to come up with a good way to motivate myself. I think I finally figured it out.... As you know, I am hopelessly addicted to my morning latte. So here's my plan... if I exercise on a particular day, I get to get a latte the next day. If I don't, then I have to suffer through a cup of regular ol' coffee. So far it's working extremely well.

So.... what motivates you to keep exercising?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never excercise and it shows! Don't follow my regime. ;-)

Samantha

karen said...

Ahead of time, decide what days you will exercise and then schedule it on your calendar just like it was a doctor's appointment. Just remember not to miss or cancel the appointment.

Rosjuane said...

that sounds like a good plan. I need something to motivate me.

Anonymous said...

I love exercise! I enjoy the benefits of a good work out. If I don't feel some soreness the next day then I try to push myself harder on my next workout. Motivation for me is the results...tone arms firm thighs and legs. Plus the results of having more energy to keep up with the kids. Good luck! Have fun with it. Oh yeah! Having a workout buddy also helps:-)

Anonymous said...

Join Fit Camp with us... It is a blast!!! The fact that it is pretty pricey makes me go. No way am I going to spend the money and NOT go. It is quite hard, but well worth it. Ask Kristina or Sarah Renner. Then after your workout, treat yourself to that latte, since your body is still in calorie burning mode. Jamie H