Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lots of photography this week

This has been such a crazy week but in a good way. I was lucky enough to get to do a lot of photography. On Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, I took photos of my friend Kim's preschool kids. We did a class photo and then individual shots of each of them.

On Tuesday, we did the four year olds. They were a silly bunch! It is so hard to get a photo where they are all looking, no one has their eyes closed, and no one was hiding from me (this did happen actually!).

On Wednesday we did the three year olds. This was a little more challenging. First of all, there were twice as many of them... and I think some of them were afraid of either me or my camera. We got it done though! And I did learn that I am MUCH more patient with other people's kids than my own! I had a great time and am pretty happy with how they turned out. Hopefully the parents will be too!


Here's a couple of the individual ones... Aren't they totally adorable!



This morning, I moved on to a newborn. This is baby Evan and he was so good! And he stayed awake the whole time. It is so easy to forget how little they are right after they are born! It almost makes me want another one... shhhhh! don't tell Andy that I said that! These are a couple of my favorites...



Before this past week, I had been in funk concerning my photography. I haven't even really been interested in doing it lately. It felt really good to get back into it. It made me realize how much I enjoy doing it for friends and family. I am not sure if it would be this much fun doing it for someone I didn't know. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself this week! Thanks to Kim and Christina (and all the kids) for helping me get out of my funk!

3 comments:

Julie said...

You seriously are an awesome photographer-I'm so glad you're getting back into it. My wedding pictures that you took are totally my favorite ones!

Someday I want you to take pictures of Eric and I!!!

Anonymous said...

They turned out so good. Thank you so much for all of your patience. You are very much appreciated.
Kim

karen said...

All these kids are such cuties! You did a great job, Sarah.